IS ONE MINUTE REALLY ALL YOU NEED?

IS ONE MINUTE REALLY ALL YOU NEED?

HIGH INTENSITY INTERVALS . . . OR STEADY STATE ENDURANCE?
One minute is all it takes . . . . or is it?
For many of us, the most pressing question about exercise is: How little can I get away with? The answer, according to a sophisticated new study of interval training, may be very, very little. In this new experiment, in fact, 60 seconds of strenuous exertion proved to be as successful at improving health and fitness as three-quarters of an hour of moderate exercise.
time_for_change.jpg
BUT we beg to differ. Yes, it’s true . . one minute bursts of high intensity (High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT), can do wonders for your fitness.  However, according to research, this type of training should only make up approximately 20% of the total weekly training volume. The other 80% should focus on endurance based training, which increases aerobic capacity, relieves stress, increases power and improves fitness.

Post A Comment