NATIONAL WALKING DAY is this week – Let’s celebrate THURSDAY, April 6! 8:00 a.m.
Want to celebrate? Let’s go for a power walk in the Old Village – Thursday, April 6.! Click here to RSVP if you plan to join the fun.
Established in 2007 by the American Heart Association, the first Wednesday in April is known as National Walking Day. The AHA sponsors this day to remind people about the health benefits of taking a walk. Wear your sneakers (or take them with you) to work and at some point in the day, get out of your office, grab a friend, and take a 30-minute walk!
Here are some great ways to make that 30-minutes more enjoyable:
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Take a friend to pass the time.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your walk (and take a bottle along if you are going longer than one hour, or if the temperature is extremely hot).
- Move your arms, too!
- Make sure you have good posture – keep your core engaged, shoulders back, and head held high!
- Make sure to stretch those muscles afterwards!
Thursday, April 6 at 8:00 a.m.! Let us know if you plan to join us!