NATIONAL CLEAN OUT THE REFRIGERATOR DAY
Tuesday, November 15
The timing is perfect for this day as Thanksgiving is coming soon, and we’ll most likely need room for all of the upcoming leftovers. This job may be dreaded by many, but it is an important task. Due to our hectic and busy lifestyles, the cleaning of the refrigerator often gets neglected, hence the creation of National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. There may be a surprise or two found at the back of the shelves – can you even tell what it is? Things are often pushed to the back and then forgotten as new food is put in the front.
Here are some tips on cleaning out your refrigerator:
· Empty each shelf.
· Completely wipe down the inside of refrigerator.
· Wash drawers and underneath the drawers.
· Throw away all expired food.
· Throw away any moldy food.
· Get rid of anything that you do not use.
· Vacuum condenser coils.
· Vacuum out under refrigerator.
· Restock shelves and drawers with good food.
· Enjoy your nice, clean, organized refrigerator.
Sound extensive? Well it is, but you’ll reap the benefits of fresh food, energy cost savings (clean coils save energy!), healthier options, and more room for Thanksgiving leftovers in a few weeks!